h+ Magazine

Direct Brain to Brain Communication Between Animals and Humans

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peter

Now imagine this, we’re on our way to transcending the language barrier, with the Brain Computer Interface, for human to human communication, where direct and immediate interpretation or translation will be possible with the appropriate software. Imagine, if you can start understanding, what your dog, your cat or your hamster is thinking? And then now think, if we figure a way, to relay our thoughts or intended messages, to your pets or other animals, in a way, they can understand? Going to the zoo will become a very different experience from what it is today.

[See the full post at: Direct Brain to Brain Communication Between Animals and Humans]

Tim
    Participant

Amazing implications of this, imagine a blind man who can actually see through his dog, or a hearing impaired person hearing through a service animal of some kind. This is assuming of course we haven’t solved these problems by other means. Military and police could hunt for bad guys with their dogs and perhaps hunt through an eagle’s eyes.

Talking to your dog or feeling his emotions might not be what you want to do, (especially if they are very excitable or have to pee a lot). An you might be a bit disgusted with the aloofness of your cat.

Stretching my imagination, if you could link to many animals and can exert control, you have the makings of a hive mind (until of course a powerful AI comes along and make YOU part of ITS hive mind…).

Very nice article!

Tim

Debi
    Participant

I like the idea of this with the animals while at the same time finding it a bit disturbing. I am very glad that studies are being taken seriously and caution as well; the idea of linking ourselves to quickly to any brains that work differently then ours do has much to offer in many way… i.e.; would that linking, to a dog say, give us clarity in how they ‘see’ though scent? It can very a very strong sensory sensation that one would not want to just rush into with-out some understanding of it ahead of time/ too much at once could be disturbing and I think that it is very important to have many testings with this before opening it up too quickly to people.
    Tim it is true that it is a possibility that a strong AI could draw people into a hive mind although that mind is at work in its own subtle way simply through media and the concepts of the way things ‘should be’ in this world which is, again, portrayed by the media. Most of us are totally unaware of the hive mind that we are in, although it is quite common and not totally created by media but by community as well; the close ties of a community that require certain behaviors of people as the only acceptable behavior. Einstein spoke of this in his book “The World As i See It”. He speaks of the importance of the community in getting and keeping things running smoothly, but he also speaks very stringy about the importance of accepting those who are not ‘in’ the herd mind, saying that with out those who are separate from it the possibility of further future growth could disappear. When you think about it one can see how this could be true because, unless some opposition occurs to the way things are people are apt and comfortable with keeping things the way they are, thus slowly closing the minds to anything new.

Here is what he says:

It is clear that all the valuable things, material, spiritual, and moral which we receive from society can be traced back through countless generations to certain creative individuals…
    Without creative, independently thinking and judging personalities the upward development of of society is as unthinkable as the development of the individual without the nourishing soil of the community

He is talking bout a ‘herd mind’ which is still A bit different then a controlling of the minds through an AI or any mind that seeks to the hive mind. The AI brain is something to watch for always; one of the things that would concern me is what people in the transhumanist community’s say about those who will not go along and how they will be left behind of the changing face of the societies. To jest this way as though those who do not go lightly into it are to be scorned is to not understand that, as with every far-ranging trend that takes hold we will always need those who are watching from a vantage point on the outside.

As with any kind of thought or mind in this world there is more then one type of hive mind and in the system in which we live it is, I believe important to be aware that it exists. I know that there is a quote unquote hive mind that still honors the individual. I know also that there is one that uses the individual as toys or as their tests to ‘bring them in’ to their own ‘herd hive mind’. I do not worry about is controlling the mind of the animals so much; mostly I just think that we need to use caution. There are other ways to learn to communicate with have to use those electrical impulses tied up into a system that could potentially batter the brain with too much electrical pulse of sensory intake.
    It is the system of this world that is to be watched and aware of. Those who are aware of the system and who have no respect for the individual can and do use it; those who are individuals have faced, often with out understanding what it is that they are facing the strong force that a group of people can use on their brains.
    I had, one time, a group of people attacking me with this hive mind when i began writing stuff outside of what they were agreeing with. it was a group of christian kids who did not like what i was saying about other Gods that I was writing about in contemplation and myth. It is like a pulling… a strong PULLING, which I have been more aware of since that night, on my brain, on the impulse of my brain. As soon as I became aware of what was going on I just sat for a moment and relaxed myself, thinking that i had to be ‘imagining’ this. But I felt it and after relaxing I respond; i will tell you what I said because that sets me up for challenges that i do not have time to be bothered with, but as soon as I spoke out loud and told ‘them’ what was going to happen if they continued more then half a dozen cars started their engines around me and across a field from me and drove away. One of the trucks turned down my street and drove very slowly me staring as i stared back and then went back to my work. Other times when i have spoken to it, only because I was tired of putting up with the pulling when my thoughts changed course or i went into a topic of conversation that ‘they’ did to like always no less then 4 and 5 doors in the surrounding apartments would and slam behind the people who were leaving… at the same time. This is the control of a hive mind even though I do not think that they were always aware that they were trying to control until I would begin speaking…. writing… of things that they did not like. I have NO doubt that i am not the only person that this pulling control has been used on. Personally I do not like it and I am learning that others do not like it either.
    One other example; their is a specific city where this occurred quite often. I will not give the name of the place because I am not seeking to begin a war of cities or community; it occurred while driving more then once. The people are very in tuned with each other, as we all more then we know…. but these are those who do know and although they ARE Not seeking to cause trouble, they are close knit and when one, like myself comes into the community who does not easily go into that sharing and the hive swarm and rhythm, they will step up. More then once when i had changed my mind about going to a place where i had ‘planned’ to go and turned my car in a different direction, cars instantly began cutting me off and herding me in the other direction. Literally herding me. I stopped my car and then turned in a completely opposite direction and went my own way. Most people do not do this… usually, and especially if you are unaware of what is happening it is all too easy to go ahead and follow the mind….I say mind even though this was portrayed by vehicles because another time i was doing something that offended many people around me….again I will not say what i was doing; that is not so important as to say that I was simply being myself and noticing in the air around me that something was ‘off’. A number of people began to give indications that i was to stop. because I did not know at first that what i was doing was found offensive I did not stop and car hoods slammed. Hard. slammed. I travel and was camping outside of the city and when I went home that day i was asked to leave. The words that were in my ears were simply ‘leave now’. I did. I was not out and about to stir up strife and as it turned out I was needed at home so the command to leave i take now as a directive that i needed to go home for the ones who were going to be needing me soon.
    I hold no hard feelings for those people. this was their community and they were at peace with other for the most part, but there were things that were needed to be said in that community as warning and I said had spoken them already, so I left.

All of that to say, hey brother, you really do to have to wait for the AI to begin to watch and understand that there is a hive mind that works on those who are individual to bring him or her into their smooth though, their flow. This IS not always a bad thing but I do know that it can be misused and mishandled and the individual greatly disrespected. Many of those feel that the individual is being disrespectful of the group mind. I am sorry for that, but I also have no doubt that who I am and what I am and my noticing and not going easily into the trained mind also serves a purpose. I am young. I have yet much to learn. But I do not handle pulling of my brain and the hive mind can do this to an individual. MOSt people will never be aware of it because they need the hive mind. This is a fact of community and of war and peace.
    When I first began writing I was dead set against the AI and the system and the idea of Hive mind; I have learned much since that time, which was the purpose of my travels, so that I could figure the hell out what was going on with my brain and my awareness. There is much good and much good to be said in the minds especially of those who are just GOOD people. They are many. but, again, there are others who are ruthless. One who fights can go through a bit of pain…. :/ …
    Will the AI do this? will an intelligent mind that considers itself more intelligent that any flesh and blood be able to capture and hold all of the electrical impulses that make up or brains individually and as a whole? This is what we must always be asking ourselves. This could be what the singularity is inevitably leading to; this could be that which those who are designing this are hoping for; but then again, it could be that they really do not know. And again then we may want to consider that… is there the chance that a hive mind is the only thing that will enable us to save the earth? Is it worth it to save the earth if we no longer have individual minds living upon it to truly be capable of singular awe and new thought?
    Just some food for thought.

Debi
    Participant

I like the idea of this communicating with the animals while at the same time finding it a bit disturbing. I am very glad that studies are being taken seriously and caution used as well; the idea of linking ourselves too quickly to any brains that work differently then ours do has much to offer in many ways… i.e.; would that linking, to a dog say, give us clarity in how they ‘see’ though scent? Could we learn, via this linking to use that unused portion of our senses that can connect with our brains as well?
    It can very a very strong sensory sensation that one would not want to just rush into with-out some understanding of it ahead of time/ too much at once could be disturbing and I think that it is very important to have many testings with this before opening it up too quickly to people.
    Tim, it is true that it is a possibility that a strong AI could draw people into a hive mind although that mind is at work now in its own subtle way simply through media and the concepts of the way things ‘should be’ in this world which is, again, portrayed by the media. Most of us are totally unaware of the hive mind that we are in, although it is quite common and not totally created by media but by community as well; the close ties of a community that require certain behaviors of people as the only acceptable behavior is an example of the ‘herd mind’.
    Einstein spoke of this in his book “The World As i See It”. He speaks of the importance of the community in getting and keeping things running smoothly, but he also speaks very strongly about the importance of accepting those who are not ‘in’ the herd mind, saying that with out those who are separate from it the possibility of further future growth could disappear. When you think about it one can see how this could be true because, unless some opposition occurs to the way things are people are apt and comfortable with keeping things the way they are, thus slowly closing the minds to anything new.

Here is what Einstein says:

It is clear that all the valuable things, material, spiritual, and moral which we receive from society can be traced back through countless generations to certain creative individuals…
    Without creative, independently thinking and judging personalities the upward development of society is as unthinkable as the development of the individual without the nourishing soil of the community

He is talking bout a ‘herd mind’ which is still A bit different then a controlling of the minds through an AI or any mind that seeks to the hive mind, but if you read the whole of his view you will see that he will also refer to the Military as a machine that is formed from that herd/hive mind, which he is very much against.

The AI brain is something to watch out for always; one of the things that would concern me is what people in the transhumanist community’s say about those who will not go along with the furthering of the transhumanist plans, and how they will be left behind of the changing face of the societies. To jest this way as though those who do not go lightly into it are to be scorned is to not understand that, as with every far-ranging trend that takes hold we will always need those who are watching from a vantage point on the outside.

As with any kind of thought or mind in this world there is more then one type of hive mind and in the system in which we live it is, I believe important to be aware that it exists. I know that there is a, quote unquote, hive mind that still honors the individual.
    I know also that there is one that uses the individual as toys or as their tests to ‘bring them in’ to their own ‘herd hive mind’. I do not worry about the controlling the mind of the animals so much; mostly I just think that we need to use caution there. There are other ways to learn to communicate with animals that you could possibly learn through Zen or some of the Eastern habits of meditation;
    I am more concerned about those who know how to use those electrical impulses tied up into a system that could potentially batter the brain with too much electrical pulse of sensory intake.
    It is the system of this world that is to be watched and aware of. Those who are aware of the system and who have no respect for the individual can and do use it; those who are individuals have faced, often with out understanding what it is that they are facing the strong force that a group of people can use on their brains.
    I had, one time, a group of people attacking me with this hive mind when i began writing stuff outside of what they were agreeing with. it was a group of christian kids who did not like what i was saying about other Gods that I was writing about in contemplation and myth. It is like a pulling… a strong PULLING, which I have been more aware of since that night, on my brain, on the impulses of my brain. As soon as I became aware of what was going on I just sat for a moment and relaxed myself, thinking that i had to be ‘imagining’ this. But I felt it and after relaxing I responded; i will not tell you what I said because that sets me up for challenges that i do not have time to be bothered with, but as soon as I spoke out loud and told ‘them’ what was going to happen if they continued more then half a dozen cars started their engines around me and across a field from me and drove away. One of the trucks turned down my street and drove very slowly past me staring as i stared back and then went back to my work. Mostly, as soon as they are aware that you are aware that thread is broke but some of them, like this kids do not care that you know if they can prove to be stronger.

Other times when i have spoken to it, only because I was tired of putting up with the pulling when my thoughts changed course or i went into a topic of conversation that ‘they’ did not like, always no less then 4 and 5 doors in the surrounding apartments would open and slam behind the people who were leaving… at the same time. Like a hive swarming away. I am afraid i lost a lot of friendship possibilities there.

This is the control of a hive mind even though I do not think that they were always aware that they were trying to control until I would begin speaking…. writing… of things that they did not like. I have NO doubt that i am not the only person that this pulling control has been used on. Personally I do not like it and I am learning that others do not like it either.

Another example; there is a specific city where this occurred quite often. I will not give the name of the place because I am not seeking to begin a war of cities or community; it occurred more then once while I was driving. The people are very tuned in with each other, as are we all more then we know…. but these are those who do know and although they ARE Not seeking to cause trouble, they are close knit and when one, like myself comes into the community who does not easily go into that sharing and the hive swarm and rhythm, they will step up. More then once when i had changed my mind about going to a place where i had ‘planned’ to go and turned my car in a different direction, cars instantly began cutting me off and herding me in the other direction. Literally herding me. I stopped my car and then turned in a completely opposite direction and went my own way. Most people do not do this… usually, and especially if you are unaware of what is happening it is all too easy to go ahead and follow the mind….I say mind even though this was portrayed by vehicles because another time i was doing something that offended many people around me….again I will not say what i was doing; that is not so important as to say that I was simply being myself and noticing in the air around me that something was ‘off’. A number of people began to give indications that i was to stop. because I did not know at first that what i was doing was found offensive I did not stop and car hoods slammed. Hard. slammed. I travel and was camping outside of the city and when I went home that day i was asked to leave. The words that were in my ears were simply ‘leave now’. I did. I was not out and about to stir up strife and as it turned out I was needed at home so the command to leave i take now as a directive that i needed to go home for the ones who were going to be needing me soon.
    I hold no hard feelings for those people. this was their community and they were at peace with other for the most part, but there were things that were needed to be said in that community as warning and I had spoken them already, so I left.

All of that to say, hey brother, you really do not have to wait for the AI to begin to watch and understand that there is a hive mind that works on those who are individual to bring him or her into their smooth thought, their flow. This IS not always a bad thing but I do know that it can be misused and mishandled and the individual greatly disrespected. Many of those feel that the individual is being disrespectful of the group mind. I am sorry for that, but I also have no doubt that who I am and what I am and my noticing and not going easily into the trained mind also serves a purpose. I am young. I have yet much to learn. But I do not handle the pulling of my brain well and the hive mind can do this to an individual.

MOSt people will never be aware of it because they need the hive mind. This is a fact of community and of war and peace.
    When I first began writing I was dead set against the AI and the system and the idea of Hive mind; I have learned much since that time, which was the purpose of my travels, so that I could figure the hell out what was going on with my brain and my awareness. There is much good and much good to be said for the minds especially of those who are just GOOD people; there are other things about it that I choose not to say because I care much for those people and understand who and what they are about;

They are many. but, again, there are others who are ruthless.
    One who fights can go through a bit of pain…. :/ …
    Will the AI do this? will an intelligent mind that considers itself more intelligent that any flesh and blood be able to capture and hold all of the electrical impulses that make up or brains individually and as a whole? This is what we must always be asking ourselves. This could be what the singularity is inevitably leading to; this could be that which those who are designing this are hoping for; but then again, it could be that they really do not know although I am certain that there are those who do know and, perhaps it is time for humans to go beyond our selfish individualism to work together as a whole in order to salvage anything that is left now of our worlds; we may want to consider that… is there the chance that a hive mind is the only thing that will enable us to save the earth?

Is it worth it to save the earth if we no longer have individual minds living upon it to truly be capable of singular awe and new thought? But what if that mind is shown in all of the creatures around us, so that we all were to begin to move as though in one beautiful dance together?
    This can and does occur and it could be the upward movement of man and beast to live together in this way as one organism dancing with each other. Now, talk about an opposing thought… chew on that one for a while. It should keep you so busy while the system is being designed that you will not even be aware that you are there in it. And THERE is the crux of that matter…. what is the good of it if you are not aware or capable of being aware of the beauty of it?

Just some food for thought.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.