h+ Magazine

Can Fuzzy Logic Save Humanity?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Peter

Amid all the dire warnings that machines run by artificial intelligence (AI) will one day take over from humans we need to think more about how we program them in the first place.

[See the full post at: Can Fuzzy Logic Save Humanity?]

Marcos
    Participant

Actually, there is a simple rule to make it friendly.

But, not unlike “Armageddon”, it can also play right into religious hands..
    AND, it is a bad heuristic to go about it anyway, lest you end up maximizing paper clips.
    in fact, it CAN be stated as a maximization problem (but what can’t).
    .. so I won’t spoil it either. =P Let Bostrom keep his job.

More to the point however (this article doesnt really concern safety, in my opinion), fuzzy is nothing that PGM’s can’t do (e.g. Markov’s). NEITHER of them however really addresses “replicating the manager decisions” (at least in a tractable way) because humans are non-deterministic on those inputs alone. Your probabilities (or truth values, if you like) will change often and unpredictably depending on countless factors like how many caffeine molecules hit that particular neuron and decreased firing threshold potential at that time of day.. (Physics is still deterministic though)

I’m with neuromorphic ASICs (with some tweaks I’m hoping to see soon) for having a prayer at handling the combinatorial explosion of all different possible CONTEXTS (are we talking tall in denmark or the pygmy populations? what about the decider contrived and tortuous epistemic history itself?) for the foreseeable future.

[Peter, if there was a way to flag posts, perhaps readers could help out weeding the above out?]

Peter

[There is “spam” as well as “report user” button, but perhaps these are currently visible only to admins? I am investigating.

Peter

[There is “spam” as well as “report user” button, but perhaps these are currently visible only to admins? I am investigating.]

Marcos
    Participant

[Clickable links on the upper right corner of posts include Reply and Permalink, while at the top are Favorite and (Un)Subscribe. Otherwise I’d have flagged your double post õ.ó LOL]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.