h+ Magazine

Audio: John Danaher on Moral Enhancement

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peter

Occasional H+ Magazine contributor John Danaher appeared on the Smart Drugs Smarts podcast this week.

[See the full post at: Audio: John Danaher on Moral Enhancement]

Marcos
    Participant

I’m not morally enhanced and already get quite disgusted by most monkeys’ day to day amorality. (let alone the downright immorality)

This will only serve to increase suicide rates or, at the very least, regurgitation rates. =)

I wonder if the talk says anything about that (is the “ethics” concerned here towards the enhanced?). I’ll comment further if it changes my mind.

[+]

PS: [btw, Peter, if you read this.. news items ceased arriving at my mailbox (couple months back I think).. was that by design? it did coincide with the new approach it seems (everything at once, right?).. I thought I had “subscribed” to it, tho =) anyway, great work! nice flash animation preview, etc]

Peter

I had some complaints about people being “spammed” by the mail system and so it was turned off. Unfortunately, I can not turn it on for some and not others.

Marcos
    Participant

It was kind of spammy =) but I for one, did not mind. Not so different from newsletters / mailing lists, one can simply add a filter to send it all to a dedicated folder.. gmail at least is easy to do.

But it was low enough that was not even needed. (and most of them was stuff I wanted to read anyway so, not really “spam”)

Would they also complain if it were only 1 mail per month? just to know as soon as the articles are published? =) Maybe even some digest (or maybe little summaries) inside? Like Fight Aging newsletter or even KurzweilAI?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.