- March 31, 2014 at 7:42 pm #17720AnonymousInactive
The H+ community as a whole knows about plenty of projects that it would be good to progress.
At the same time, there are many people in the H+ community, with a variety of skills and experience, that wish to support H+, but are unsure how best to do it.
In other words, there’s a need for us (the community as a whole) to become better at matching supply and demand – matching volunteers to tasks.
In part, this need can be addressed by a good tool. Hopefully, this H+ Connect tool can provide support here.
But in part, I think there’s an important role for someone I’d describe as the “H+ Volunteer Manager”.
To write a job-spec for this role, here’s what the role would involve:
- Keep track of list of tasks that will benefit from volunteers
- Ensure there are clear specs for these roles
- Find ways to publicise these roles
- Oversee a mechanism to assign volunteers to tasks
- Monitor the performance of volunteers
- Help assign “coaches” to volunteers
- Over time, ensure the volunteer mechanism can scale.
What do people think?May 20, 2014 at 7:30 am #17715PeterMember
David, it seems we need to work more on advertising this website as well.May 20, 2014 at 9:07 am #17716BenMember
I think the site still needs some improvement before we publicize it…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.