Saturday, July 26, 2014
To obtain a ticket for this conference, please visit the website for CIU UK. A number of free tickets are presently available.
That website also has full details of:
• The parallel streams of activities that are taking place that day
• The venue for the event
• What is meant by the phrase “Unconference”.
Note that RSVP’ing on this London Futurists webpage willnot guarantee entry to the event – please be sure to visit the CIU UK page and register there. (But please do RSVP here if you plan to come, to let your friends & acquaintances know.)
The following sessions may be of particular interest to London Futurists, since they feature people who have previously spoken at our own events:
• Ajit Jaokar will speak about “Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine Learning”
• Stuart Calimport will speak about “Computational Approaches to Tracking Human Intelligence, Learning and Health”
• Rohit Talwar will speak about (subject to be confirmed)
• David Wood will speak about “Superintelligence – how afraid should we be?” This will feature an assessment of the analysis in the hot-off-the-press book by Professor Nick Bostrom of Oxford University, “Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies”, as well some material drawn from “Our Final Invention: Artificial Intelligence and the end of the human era” by James Barrat.
Additionally, there’s a session organised at this unconference by London AI Futurists, which is likely to interest many attendees.