The exact nature of the content to be delivered will be chosen by crowdsourcing public opinion- please tweet your favorite topics from the list below to @simonesyed.
Voting ends on November 25th.
A study in the failure points that have culminated in the great divides between popular culture, true science, and visions of the future. Potential topics to be addressed are the following:
• Being A ‘Visionary’ is Not a Good Defense;
• Pivoting the idea of ‘Science Communication’;
• Your Community Might Be Your Enemy (#justsayin’);
• The Value of Understanding Humans;
• Social Media is Not Your Friend… Yet;
• Face:palm Hollywood;
• The Scientific Experience vs. Experiencing Science;
• Agenda Pushing = Missed Opportunities;
• When moving to Mars seems like Your Only Option- It Might Actually be a Good One;
• Cultivating Delicious Young Brains;
• The Ego and the Greater Good;
• The Future is Real and So Should You;
• Actions Speak Louder Than The Written Word;
• When a Good Future gets Lost in the Peanut Gallery;
• Cult Followings are The New Black;
• Your Non-Profit is Destroying the Future; and
• How to make ‘All your Future are Belong to Us’ into a Totally Legit Enterprise.