Zoomer Robot Dog Learns and has Emotions Demoed at 2013 Toy Fair

· February 13, 2013

Aibo, move over.

Spin Master’s new robot dog toy responds to voice commands, learns and also displays emotive states.  Zoomer is the “most technologically advanced robotic dog ever made,” according to Spin Master’s press release.

Zoomer charges via USB cable and will be available at retail in August for $99.99.

8 Responses

1. sarah says:

great video I really love my zoome dog

2. Melissa says:

It’s definitely cute. I like how they made it sort of cartoony as opposed to the Aibo. My little one has always wanted a dog but I don’t. We were looking at Furreal Friends in the past, but this looks far more advanced. The only thing is I don’t know how long it will hold her attention. This is a toy so it is limited to whatever commands it comes with.

• randy says:

might wanna check out genibo. its another advanced robot dog made by a different company not quite as advanced as a aibo but close i would call it closer to the early aibos.

3. Clair says:

He is certainly noisier that Aibo, that is for sure.

4. bob says:

This is far NOT the most technolohy advanced robot the aibo ers 7 does wayyyyyyy more and can see

• theflew says:

I think this design is better than Aibo. I think in the past they were trying to make robot dogs act/move like real dogs. This dog moves away from that and actually has decent speed. This dog just needs upgraded electronics. The problem with this dog and iCybie in the past is they are made by toy companies. They will never upgrade it, even of it’s capable.

• zerover says:

I disagree. Toy companies are experts at creating objects that can survive in the violent world below our knees. All Aibos are fragile, expensive, and prone to a tremendous number of mechanical problems probably because they were not built by a toy company. Aibo was a clever foray into the toy industry by a fading Electronics company, but it was ultimately a failure and it set a horrible paradigm for future robotic pets: expensive+fragile+hard to repair=cool.

• Daniel Obaja says: