13 papers from Nature that were among the most widely read, cited, and circulated on social media and might be of interest to H+ readers.
- Bright minds and dark attitudes: lower cognitive ability predicts greater prejudice through right-wing ideology and low intergroup contact
(1,411; 11; 4; 38; 25)
- Higher social class predicts increased unethical behavior (1,218; 3; 9; 7; 12)
- Classic Nintendo games are (NP-)hard (904; 9; 4; 10; 62).
- An integrated encyclopedia of DNA elements in the human genome (730 readers)
- A whole-cell computational model predicts phenotype from genotype (569)
- Differential gene and transcript expression analysis of RNA-seq experiments with TopHat and Cufflinks [protocols paper] (492)
- Is cancer a metabolic rebellion against host aging? In the quest for immortality, tumor cells try to save themselves by boosting mitochondrial metabolism [perspective] (477)
- Approaching a state shift in Earth’s biosphere [review] (426)
- Optogenetic stimulation of a hippocampal engram activates fear memory recall (410)
- The origin of extracellular fields and currents — EEG, ECoG, LFP and spikes [review] (333)
- Architecture of the human regulatory network derived from ENCODE data (330)
- Combined search for the Standard Model Higgs boson using up to 4.9 fb(-1) of pp collision data at root s=7 TeV with the ATLAS detector at the LHC (140 citations).
- Solution-processed small-molecule solar cells with 6.7% efficiency (81)