Hello all! My name is Rachel Haywire and you may know me from the Extreme Futurist Festival. I’m the new editor at h+ Magazine and I’d like to share this list of writing guidelines for people interested in sending us articles.
We are seeking articles that provide unique perspectives on Transhumanism. It is important that you are both engaging and scientific. We are not looking for overly opinionated or overly academic articles but articles that manage to blend a healthy dose of both personality and fact. We want your articles to provoke discussion and we also want people to learn from them.
Here are some more guidelines to go by:
1. Break new ground by providing new ideas that people in the Transhumanist community have not heard before. Don’t be afraid to take risks. No topic is too controversial.
2. Make people think about what you are writing. Stating hard facts without providing any thought behind them may come across as boring to some readers. Entertain your audience.
3. Share knowledge on your topic that will leave people feeling like they have learned something. If you don’t have technical knowledge on a topic you are writing about please link to sources that will familiarize people with the topic at hand.
4. No sloppy formatting. Please use proper spelling, grammar, and paragraph spacing.
Here is a list of some topics we are interested in:
5. Submit your article to me at firstname.lastname@example.org Provide links to other writing samples of yours (or send in an attachment) and a short bio. I am looking forward to reading your work!